Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

by torontogirlwest on May 13, 2011

Hola Bloggies:

It’s Friday – which means my work week is almost over and I can finally find time to check in with my friends! wlEmoticon smile2 Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

I hope this week has treated you well!

If your neck of the woods is anything like mine – then Spring has finally arrived. And there’s nothing that gets me want to get out and about than the first warm days of the year!

An Unexpected Homecoming

Living in Victoria for four years, I became intimately acquainted with the laid back coffee house style that the West Coast does so well.

And although there are some lovely places in the Rockies, the feel is not the same. Which is why on our recent trip to Portland, we were particularly thrilled to discover the fantastic Stumptown Coffee Roasters.

IMG 1585 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee RoastersIMG 1589 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee RoastersIMG 1590 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

I had read several reviews in advance that raved about Stumptown Coffee; most of them talked about the fantastic brews but none of them mentioned its most endearing quality.

Stumptown Coffee felt like going home.

IMG 1587 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee RoastersIMG 1616 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee RoastersIMG 1620 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Cozy.

IMG 1594 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Warm.

IMG 1609 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee RoastersIMG 1613 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee RoastersIMG 1612 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Effortlessly cool.

IMG 1622 thumb Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Sure, the coffee and tea were great but we’ll come back time and time again for the glorious atmosphere.

biglink Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Question: Do you have a favourite coffee shop….is it a small local place or are you a Starbucks kind of person?

pixel Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Beth May 13, 2011 at 5:39 am

Stumptown is awesome! I was in Portland last week and stayed at the Ace hotel right above Stumptown and are there every morning. It was totally relaxing and chill. Loved it!

Toronto Girl West May 13, 2011 at 10:20 am

Ahhhhh…..someone that understands my love for this place!!!! We can’t wait to go back!!!! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 13, 2011 at 7:44 am

I love this post, your pictures are GORGEOUS

I like small town coffee places, but my town doesn’t really have any cute ones (that aren’t pretentious!) but when I am out of town I try to venture out!!

Toronto Girl West May 13, 2011 at 10:21 am

Thank-you Jess!!!!! I’m really pleased with how the pictures turned out!!! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

JMR May 13, 2011 at 8:30 am

once again nice pictures…
I go to Manic Coffee, just down the street from my house. The only cappuccino that I’ve liked almost as much is from Federico’s coffee, in Antigua de Guatemala.

Indie coffee shops can be way better than starbucks!
JMR recently posted..Antigua de Guatemala Part 1

Toronto Girl West May 13, 2011 at 10:22 am

Next time, I will definitely have to go to this Manic place you rave about so much!!! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Simply Life May 13, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I love finding unique little coffee shops – if they have free wifii and refills, then it pretty much becomes my favorite :)
Simply Life recently posted..Maple Pecan Scones

AndreaClaire May 13, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I love Mirage which started as one little store with an in-hour roaster and has grown into five stores (I think) and supplies a couple of the downtown restaurants and hotels. Good coffee and the staff have always been wonderful. Plus the owner hooks up cable and a flat screen every World Cup. For this cable-less soccer lover, it became my home away from home. They had no problem with me buying one cup of coffee and then sitting there for two hours.

I also love the Cornerstone Cafe. Really good coffee, a fun community meeting place, and less than a five minute walk from my door.

Toronto Girl West May 16, 2011 at 10:42 pm

An awesome coffee shop that aired the World Cup!?!?!? AWESOME!!!!!!!! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Bela May 14, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Honestly I have no time to sit in a coffee shop, even though I wished there was a coffee shop like the one the show Friends, didn’t everyone want to be part of a coffee shop like that? I am always on teh runa nd just want a good cup of coffee to get me awake so Tim Hortons it is…..not overly exciting sorry but I enjoy their coffee and have found its the only one that helps my migraines so Timmies it is!
Bela recently posted..Does Anyone Buy The Professional Race Photos

Toronto Girl West May 16, 2011 at 10:42 pm

There’s no reason to knock Timmy’s – their successful for a reason!!!! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Coffee House Cool–Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Andrea (Off Her Cork) May 17, 2011 at 9:27 am

I love Stumptown coffee so so much! Scott had a client that lived in PDX and when he would send payments to Scott, he also sent along some coffee. It was the best mail ever!
Andrea (Off Her Cork) recently posted..OHC Will Be Changing

Toronto Girl West October 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm

LOL Best. Client. Ever. :P
Toronto Girl West recently posted..One Night Only – in Victoria, British Columbia