Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

by torontogirlwest on June 2, 2011

I have a confession friends . . . all my adult life I have suffered from an ailment.

Some would call it itchy feet.

Others would call it wanderlust.

I prefer to think of it as an insatiable desire to experience new things.

P1010031 thumb Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

It’s what led me to study at Laval University in Quebec City.

And to my beloved Paris.

Twice.

Sunset View One thumb Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

It also took me to the shores of beautiful Vancouver Island, for law school.

P1010024 thumb Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

Before eventually bringing me to this Rocky Mountain paradise.

DSC03296 thumb Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

But now three years later, I feel a familiar restlessness brewing again.

Except this time it’s pulling me towards a place that I have grown to love.

Vancouver.

DSC03285 thumb Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

On Monday, June 13th, I will be in the Vancouver area for a job interview.

It isn’t for a new position.

Rather, it is for the same position in another office.

DSC03337 thumb Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

I am hopeful.

I am praying.

And I ask that you please send heaven-ward happy wishes on my behalf.

IMG 2585 thumb Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

The move to Vancouver, is one we so badly want to make.

Here’s hoping this is the beginning of a new chapter in our lives and a new name for the blog! wlEmoticon winkingsmile Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

Question: Have you found your forever home? Are you in the city where you want to live out the rest of your days?

pixel Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 3, 2011 at 7:15 am

Best of luck with the interview :)

Toronto Girl West June 3, 2011 at 9:16 am

Gracias!!! ;)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Her Wanderlust Would Not Allow Her to Stay Long in One Spot

Andrea June 3, 2011 at 10:14 am

YaY!! How exciting! Scott and I move all the time because we like trying out new areas. Ohio is the longest place we’ve lived so far and we’re really happy here. Is it our forever home? No and I have no idea where our next adventure will take us.
Andrea recently posted..2011 Columbus Race For The Cure

Toronto Girl West June 3, 2011 at 11:00 am

I had no idea you had moved around a lot – I always figured you for a born and bred in Ohio kind of girl!!! :P

Amber from Girl with the Red Hair June 3, 2011 at 10:19 am

Good luck good luck good luck! I adore Vancouver and would love to live there for a bit one day. I don’t think its where I’d want to settle forever but would love to spend a few years there :)

Toronto Girl West June 3, 2011 at 11:04 am

Gracias gracias gracias gracias!!!! :D

I’m so glad you understand my love for Vancouver. To be honest, if it was the place we made our forever home, I wouldn’t mind one bit. But I doubt that since we have plans to live abroad again (we’ve both done it in the past but never together)!

Bela June 4, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Vancouver looks beautiful, I truly hope you can call it home soon. Good luck!
I desperate need to live somewhere where it is hot year round. I love the heat and I am miserable in the cold and snow. Hopefully one day I can make that move!
Bela recently posted..Hubbys Birthday Dinner At The CN Tower – Picture Heavy

Toronto Girl West June 6, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Do you think you’ll ever move from where you are now?

Where we currently live in Rockies it gets crazy hot – mostly due to the intense heat. But I’ve grown to love the mild weather of Van city! :)

Kristen June 5, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Good luck! I hope you kill the interview. I really like Vancouver :)

I’m not sure if Montreal is our forever home…it is definitely a more than a few years home, but we’ll have to see. :)
Kristen recently posted..ryders winner

Toronto Girl West June 6, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Thank-you so much!!!! I hope I kill it too! :)

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty June 5, 2011 at 2:24 pm

OH YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You might be coming closer!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never come to Vancouver, but maybe if you are there I’ll come for a visit!! :)
Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty recently posted..Photo Sunday

Toronto Girl West June 6, 2011 at 1:48 pm

lol You’ll definitely have to come over!!!

Simply Life June 6, 2011 at 5:02 pm

GORGEOUS pictures and good luck with the interview! We’ve lived ALL over and traveled a bunch and have no idea where we’ll end up!
Simply Life recently posted..Classic Chocolate Cupcakes

Toronto Girl West June 7, 2011 at 9:29 am

Sounds exciting!!!! :)

Marianne June 30, 2011 at 12:38 am

Once I get you here, you won’t want to leave. Oh sure, maybe you’ll get a little stint in abroad, but you’ll be back. What’s not to love – oceans, mountains, thriving downtown, yoga, sushi, and awesome people like me!

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Marianne recently posted..Vancouver Street Eats – Roaming Dragon