What is a ZWOW?

by torontogirlwest on April 4, 2012

Hola Friends!

I know it has been a while since I last blogged but I thought it was high time I have a return! And guess what? My blogging hiatus is basically over!!

You’re probably wondering where I’ve been and what I’ve been up to. The truth is that for about a month now, I have been hard at work on a big trial. Most of you know that I practice criminal law so I’m sure you can imagine what the trial entails.

The last time I worked on a trial of this magnitude, I ended up sick with H1N1 and severely anemic. It was bad times indeed! Which is why this time around I was determined to make sure my health didn’t falter.

Thankfully, I’ve been mostly successful but it did entail some disconnecting. After spending my days pouring through some crazy heady stuff I just couldn’t bring myself to sit in front of my laptop and write a blog post. I’m sure you know how it goes . . .

But all of that is behind me and I’m back to writing and comment! Happy times!!!

Zuzana Light Kicks my Butt

One of my goals for Spring is to start doing Zuzana Light’s ZWOWs on a regular basis. And while I’m sure there are many of you who know exactly who Zuzana is, there are likely lots amongst you that are wondering what a ZWOW could possibly be.

ZWOW is short of Zuzana’s Workout of the Week. Zuzana in this case, refers to the girl originally behind the Bodyrock.tv workouts. What started out as Freddy and Zuzana Light (married at the time) filming workout videos in their Kingston, Ontario living room soon became a bonafide internet sensation.

Back in the day, Zuzana used to host all the Bodyrock.tv workouts. That is until her and Freddy split up and Zuzana disappeared for a while. Thankfully, she recently came back with a fury and has now taken to posting weekly kick butt workouts on YouTube.

Want your butt handed to you? Start with ZWOW #1:

And yes, there’s no point avoiding the obvious – Zuzana is a beautiful girl with some well-endowed assets. But that’s not what the videos are about. If you can get past her skimpy clothing you’ll discover a sweet girl that will motivate you to get going and workout like you never have before!

I did ZWOW #1 this morning and the results looked something like this:

ZWOW 1 What is a ZWOW?

I won’t lie, I nearly threw up at the end of the workout but it felt fantastic to push myself and achieve some great results!

So how about it, why not give Zuzana’s ZWOWs a try!!!

Question: What is the hardest workout you’ve ever done? I will always remember the first time I worked out with my trainer in Victoria – I was so out of shape, I honestly felt like I was going to have a heart attack!

pixel What is a ZWOW?

Samantha Angela April 5, 2012 at 6:42 am

I’ve been doing my own circuit workout for the past 4 weeks as a change up from my normal heavy-lifting. It’s nice to be able to get a lot of cardio in and the workouts are only 20-30 minutes so it makes time fly by!

Here’s the one I’m working on right now:

Toronto Girl West April 5, 2012 at 9:37 am

You’re right – circuit training is a much more efficient use of time! A big bonus in my books! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..What is a ZWOW?

Kristen (inspiredbydooce) April 5, 2012 at 8:20 am

The most important question is: do you pronounce is ‘zed-wow’ or ‘zee-wow’? Or just as a word – zwow.
Kristen (inspiredbydooce) recently posted..the beer devil

Toronto Girl West April 5, 2012 at 9:38 am

Ahahahah – I actually wondered this myself, then I heard Zuzana pronounce it Zee-Wow. It sounded wrong, because in my head it was Zed-Wow! :P
Toronto Girl West recently posted..What is a ZWOW?

Marianne April 6, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I’ve always been interested in giving some of her workouts a go. And seeing as I literally just cancelled my gym membership today (gotta save money!), perhaps I will :)
Marianne recently posted..A Quick Bite

Toronto Girl West April 7, 2012 at 10:35 am

Let me know what you think of her workouts! She (and my apartment gym) make me regret my gym membership!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Sunset at Prospect Point, Vancouver

Carolyn April 6, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Ahhh she must be the former “adult film star”-turned exercise guru I’ve heard about! I need to inject some variety into my running regimen, so perhaps I shall give her a try. I like those near-vomit workouts! Love the pic. =)

Toronto Girl West April 7, 2012 at 10:01 am

That’s the one! And I’d be lying if I didn’t say that Bodyrock continued to sexualize her. But her new workouts are shot in a different way.

Anywho, she’s great!!! You’d love her workouts!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Sunset at Prospect Point, Vancouver

Margaret Ann Young April 13, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Hi! I just found your blog when I google’d Zuzs new IPad interval timer app (for ZWOW 13). hehe. I love her workouts. I love reading blogs too so I will be sure to check you out again! Also, great time on your ZWOW!!!

Toronto Girl West April 14, 2012 at 9:07 am

Thank-you so much for stopping by and the compliment on the ZWOW time! You made my morning with that last one!!! :)

And please – do come back!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..I Used to Start Sentences That Way

Tila August 15, 2012 at 7:01 am

Does she have an app to get the workouts?

Toronto Girl West August 16, 2012 at 7:41 am

No app just yet but I’m sure that’s in the works.

In the meantime you can access her workouts through her youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight

Or her own website that will be launching soon: http://zuzkalight.com
Toronto Girl West recently posted..The Best Greek Restaurant in Toronto – Mezes on the Danforth

Lori August 27, 2013 at 7:26 am

Ok. So I want to start doing her workouts. Can someone help me and tell me where do I start? How long do I do them for. Should I start with the free ones then move to the paid zgym? Do I need to combine other works with them? I know lots of questions but just found all her stuff and never knew about her until now.