A Stroll in Victoria

by torontogirlwest on June 4, 2012

I am a firm believer that Victoria (British Columbia) is a city best seen on foot; it’s just big enough to walk from one end to another in a few hours.

This of course makes it a delight for tourists. All you really need to do to enjoy the best of what Victoria has to offer is lace up your running shoes and head out!

So today, I’ve decided to bring you on a virtual stroll through one of my very favourite areas of Victoria – the area that surrounds Beacon Hill Park.

Craftsman House A Stroll in VictoriaGrassy Lane A Stroll in VictoriaDallas Road A Stroll in VictoriaOvergrown Trail A Stroll in VictoriaRandom Puppy A Stroll in VictoriaBarber Shop A Stroll in VictoriaRhododendrum  A Stroll in VictoriaBeacon Hill Ice Cream A Stroll in VictoriaMagical Pond A Stroll in VictoriaVignette A Stroll in Victoria

Question: Is there a particular stroll in your city that brings you inordinate amounts of joy?

pixel A Stroll in Victoria

Samantha Angela June 5, 2012 at 7:00 am

That garden picture (the 9th one there) is gorgeous! Holy wow. I want to just sit there and have a picnic.

I’ve been to Vancouver once but never ventured to the island. Next time I’m out west I’ll do it for sure.

Toronto Girl West June 5, 2012 at 11:10 pm

The gardens in Victoria are something else!!!! There must be something in the salt tinged evening dew that makes them spectacular!!!! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..A Stroll in Victoria

Emily @Emily's Olives June 5, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I live in Calgary and have only been to Victoria once when I was younger. This is definitely inspiration for me and my man to go–pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your trip with us Karen!

Toronto Girl West June 5, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I still have a couple of more posts to write on Victoria! You should definitely do a return visit – it’s just something else!!!!! ;)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..A Stroll in Victoria

Amber June 5, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I loved running through Beacon Hill Park when I did the half-marathon there last year. So pretty! Victoria is a really amazing city. I would love to live there one day!
Amber recently posted..Feeling like myself again

Toronto Girl West June 5, 2012 at 11:13 pm

The Husband and I love Vancouver to pieces but we both agree Victoria would be a great place to raise children! It’s just idyllic like that!!! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..A Stroll in Victoria

Taryn @ TheFitFlosser June 7, 2012 at 6:51 am

Great photos!
It has been years since I was last on the island.
It’s definitely fun and beautiful in Victoria, but I think I’d like to expand my “island travels” by checking out Tofino. It’s strange that I’ve traveled the world yet I’m such an amateur when it comes to my own backyard. Have you been to Tofino?
PS. I’m now craving vanilla soft serve because of your pic! :)
Taryn @ TheFitFlosser recently posted..Vacay in Whistler

torontogirlwest June 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I have been to Tofino! It was one of the first places the Husband and I visited together. Funny thing is despite growing up on the island, the first time the Husband visited Tofino was with me!

I love Tofino!!! Incredibly beautiful trails and gorgeous beaches!!! :)