Four Months Out

by torontogirlwest on July 15, 2012

Like most people out there, I work better with deadlines. Whether it be for work or in my personal life, it’s nice to know where I’m going and when I’m expected to get there.

Wave Four Months Out

The very first time I got serious about getting healthy, it was because I saw a looming deadline on the horizon . . . my 25th birthday.

Bikini Santoriini Four Months Out

I didn’t want to be that girl who was missing out on the best years of her life.

Running on the Beach Four Months Out

So I did something about it and became the healthiest I’ve ever been.

SUP Four Months Out

Unfortunately, some of the weight I lost, came back, and I’ve been trying to get rid of it without much luck.

No Limits Four Months Out

Enter my deadline: as of this weekend I am exactly four months out from my 32nd birthday (on November 15th) . . . and I don’t plan on hitting that milestone the way I am now.

Eat Clean Four Months Out

By my birthday, I plan to have lost 25lbs.

Finish What you Started Four Months Out

I know it won’t be easy but I’ve done it before and I can definitely do it again!!!

Green Juice Four Months Out

So here’s to being four months out, and finishing what I started!!!

Note: Links to all the images can be found on my Pinterest account

Question: Do you have some unfinished business you need to tend to? Is there something you’ve always regretted not finishing? Anything you plan on tackling and seeing through to the end?

pixel Four Months Out

Jo @ LivingMintGreen July 15, 2012 at 6:39 am

yaaay! you can do it, friend! I work best with deadlines too… and I typically procrastinate until the very last moment. I don’t know why I do it either? Even with small things like renewing my drivers license… I should probably see a shrink…

Toronto Girl West July 16, 2012 at 10:45 am

lol I think a lot of people are like that! If it were not for the last moment . . . nothing would get done! ;)

I think that just means I thrive under pressure! Ditto for you!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Four Months Out

Helene @healthyfrenchie July 15, 2012 at 9:39 am

That’s a big loos! I wish you all the best and I know you can do it :)
I wish I had advice for you but I’m only good at staying the weight I’m at right now…
Keep us posted on your plan and your progress
Helene @healthyfrenchie recently posted..Running in Metz

Toronto Girl West July 16, 2012 at 10:46 am

I have lost 65lbs in the past – I know I can do 25lbs!! That won’t be the end of it for me, it will just be a first goal in my journey! :)

Bela July 16, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Good luck with this next step in your journey. I have no doubts you will accomplish it and then many more.

Mine is finally doing a full marathon and I am currently registered for 2 and in a marathon clinic group. The other is scuba diving, I started the courses when hubby started, he continued and is a pro now but it wasn’t fisable for me. When our daughter is old enough to stay home alone then I will finish it but until then there is no point since I will never be able to go out for a dive with hubby since someone needs to watch her!
Bela recently posted..Disneys Castaway Cay 5K Race Recap

Toronto Girl West July 16, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I read about your marathon training – sucks about the first clinic but so happy you found a good one! :)

And I hear you on the scuba front – I can only imagine how difficult it might be to do those things with a relatively young daughter!

And as always, thanks for the encouragement!!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Four Months Out

Maureen July 16, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Good for you! Can you share what your plan of attack is? :-)

Toronto Girl West July 16, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Certainly – lots of people are asking so I’ll make that my post for tonight! :)

Emily @Emily's Olives July 18, 2012 at 9:00 am

Way to go Karen! Good luck in your goals, I know you can do it!

My big looming date is my wedding! I don’t have a certain number of pounds I want to lose, but I know I was to feel my best and healthiest on my wedding day, so I am taking steps to achieve that! I also want to be able to look back at my wedding pictures and be proud! But, my date is a year away, yours is so much closer! Maybe I should make mini goals along the way so I don’t lose sight of the big picture….Anyway, I look forward to reading about this journey!
Emily @Emily’s Olives recently posted..A Polka Dot Affair

torontogirlwest July 24, 2012 at 12:02 am

I’m sure you’re going to look absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day!!! And in fact, I do hope you’ll post a picture or two! :)

Samantha Angela July 20, 2012 at 8:23 am

Awesome! I hope you establish a solid plan that works with your lifestyle.

torontogirlwest July 24, 2012 at 12:02 am

I think I will Samantha! :)

Maureen July 23, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Looking forward to a new post! hint hint. :-)

I am dealing with plantar fascitits….so frustrating. Miss running in this lovely weather.

torontogirlwest July 24, 2012 at 12:04 am

A new post is up! ;)

As for plantar fasciitis, that’s an old nemesis of mine. Have you looked into getting custom orthotics? I did and they worked wonders!!!!! My feet don’t really bother me anymore and a whole host of other problems went away too – like my IT band issues. Turns out they were all connected to my feet!