O Canada

by torontogirlwest on July 1, 2012

I wasn’t born in Canada.

Instead, I entered this world in a small war-torn Central American country. My family left our home country in 1988 and since then has been blessed enough to make a home in this wonderful country.

I love Canada . . . it’s people, it’s beauty, it’s values, and dare I say, it’s hopes and aspirations.

So in honour of Canada Day and this great place I call home, I’ve chosen to share with you some of my favourite pictures of my favourite spots in the true north strong and free.

Kaslo O Canada

Olympic Celebration O Canada

Osoyoos O Canada

Crows Nest Pass O Canada

Lake Louise O Canada

Toronto Buildings O Canada

UC Doorway with Reflection of CN Tower O Canada

Vancouver O Canada

Happy Canada Day Everyone!!!

Question: Do you have any plans for today? We’re thinking of watching the game (Long Live Spain!!!!), checking out to the local festivities, and hitting up a food truck festival!

pixel O Canada

AndreaClaire July 1, 2012 at 10:01 am

I guess it’s a good thing Germany lost, we’re actually cheering for the same team today! A friend’s band is playing from 1-3 so I’m going to go cheer them on, take a spin around the Inner Harbour to check out the festivities, and then I’m coming home and laying low. (I know I’m getting old because I’m still recovering from a Friday night party!)

I hope you and yours have a fantastic Canada Day!
AndreaClaire recently posted..Crushing Travel Plans

torontogirlwest July 2, 2012 at 12:14 am

To be honest, I don’t know that I’ll ever be up for Canada Day in the Inner Harbour ever again. That’s one seriously out of control party!!!

Helene @healthyfrenchie July 1, 2012 at 11:12 am

Gorgeous pictures! I’m so exited aout Canada day this year because we can also celebrate getting our residency :)
I’ll be watching the game too, although I haven’t chosen a team yet ;)
Have a great day
Helene @healthyfrenchie recently posted..About my mum… It’s not fair

torontogirlwest July 2, 2012 at 12:15 am

Congratulations on your first Canada Day as a PR!!!! :)

Samantha Angela July 1, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Happy Canada Day!

torontogirlwest July 2, 2012 at 12:15 am

Gracias! I hope yours was absolutely lovely!!!! :)

Bela July 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Canada is definately a beautiful country!

Congrats on the Spain win!

My daughter and I enjoyed a local Strawberry Canada Day Festival. Great mommy/daughter time :)