O Canada

by torontogirlwest on July 1, 2012

I wasn’t born in Canada.

Instead, I entered this world in a small war-torn Central American country. My family left our home country in 1988 and since then has been blessed enough to make a home in this wonderful country.

I love Canada . . . it’s people, it’s beauty, it’s values, and dare I say, it’s hopes and aspirations.

So in honour of Canada Day and this great place I call home, I’ve chosen to share with you some of my favourite pictures of my favourite spots in the true north strong and free.

Kaslo

Olympic Celebration

Osoyoos

Crows Nest Pass

Lake Louise

Toronto Buildings

UC Doorway with Reflection of CN Tower

Vancouver

Happy Canada Day Everyone!!!

Question: Do you have any plans for today? We’re thinking of watching the game (Long Live Spain!!!!), checking out to the local festivities, and hitting up a food truck festival!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AndreaClaire July 1, 2012 at 10:01 am

I guess it’s a good thing Germany lost, we’re actually cheering for the same team today! A friend’s band is playing from 1-3 so I’m going to go cheer them on, take a spin around the Inner Harbour to check out the festivities, and then I’m coming home and laying low. (I know I’m getting old because I’m still recovering from a Friday night party!)

I hope you and yours have a fantastic Canada Day!
AndreaClaire recently posted..Crushing Travel Plans

torontogirlwest July 2, 2012 at 12:14 am

To be honest, I don’t know that I’ll ever be up for Canada Day in the Inner Harbour ever again. That’s one seriously out of control party!!!

Helene @healthyfrenchie July 1, 2012 at 11:12 am

Gorgeous pictures! I’m so exited aout Canada day this year because we can also celebrate getting our residency :)
I’ll be watching the game too, although I haven’t chosen a team yet ;)
Have a great day
Helene @healthyfrenchie recently posted..About my mum… It’s not fair

torontogirlwest July 2, 2012 at 12:15 am

Congratulations on your first Canada Day as a PR!!!! :)

Samantha Angela July 1, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Happy Canada Day!

torontogirlwest July 2, 2012 at 12:15 am

Gracias! I hope yours was absolutely lovely!!!! :)

Bela July 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Canada is definately a beautiful country!

Congrats on the Spain win!

My daughter and I enjoyed a local Strawberry Canada Day Festival. Great mommy/daughter time :)