Five Things Tuesday

by torontogirlwest on August 7, 2012

Hola Friends!!!

I thought we would change things up here on the blog and tell you five things you probably don’t know about me . . . shall we!?!?

1) Surprise – I’m in Toronto!!!!

Muskoka Chairs Five Things Tuesday

I’m really excited about this one friends. I arrived in Toronto on Sunday afternoon, and I’m here until the 17th, Truth be told, I’m loving being home!!!!

It’s been nearly two years since I was last in Toronto, and I was well over-due for a visit. The Husband couldn’t make the trip with me (I’ll tell you why next) but I did bring Daisy along for the ride.

Honestly, the older I get the more I appreciate being close with my parents. It really is too bad that they live a 5 1/2 plane ride away. Maybe when we eventually have kids we can see my parents a little more often. But for now, I will settle for daily telephone contact with my mom and visits as frequent as I can muster.

And while I’m here, I’ll enjoy every moment!!!

2) The Husband is going back to school!!!

RRU Five Things Tuesday

The Husband finished his undergrad degree a while back and since then has embarked on a successful career in the public service. But the winds of change have hit our Coastal Casa and he’s decided it’s time he complete a Masters.

Truth be told, everyone that knows the Husband, always knew he would end up at this place . . . it was just a matter of when. And now that he’s ready, we’re both so excited about this next step in our lives together!

3) We won’t be doing a ton of travelling for a while . . . and that’s alright!!

Grouse Five Things Tuesday

Those of you that are frequent readers know, we love to travel!!!! Exploring new places and cultures is one of those things that the Husband and I just love to do together but given his upcoming grad degrees we will have to put major travel on the back burner.

And you know what!??! That’s okay!!! Because we’re so new to Vancouver and we still have so many absolutely incredible places to explore!!! We truly are blessed to live in such an incredible place!

4) My Weight Loss Continues!!!

Shannon Falls Five Things Tuesday

Most of you know that I’m on a quest to shed some terribly unwanted pounds before my 32nd birthday in November. Granted, my plan won’t be quite as strict while I’m on vacation but I still continue to lose weight.

Thanks to sensible eating and a moderate amount of exercise, I have lost slightly over 5lbs!!! When I return from vacation, I plan on kicking my weight loss into high gear but thus far I’m very pleased!!!

5) I still haven’t given up on my love of good food!!!

Berries Five Things Tuesday

Last time I lost a load of weight I did so while developing a somewhat unhealthy relationship with food.

It started off innocuously enough and ended with me referring to fruit, some colourful veggies, and bread as evil. What a sad state of affairs that was  . . .

Well this time, I was determined to do things differently and thus far I’m succeeding!!! I’m pleased  to report I’m still eating pretty much everything but concentrating on eating lean and green.

I’m well on my way friends, and I’m absolutely thrilled!!!

Question: What’s one thing that people might be surprised to learn about you!?!?!?

pixel Five Things Tuesday

Jo @ LivingMintGreen August 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm

So many great things are happening in your life! :D I’m excited for you! Isn’t it funny that we actually enjoy spending time with our parents now? I hang out with mine at least once a week, and we’re always having dinner parties. Hope you have a great vacay out east!
Jo @ LivingMintGreen recently posted..‘Skinny’ Zucchini Fettuccine

Toronto Girl West August 12, 2012 at 7:06 pm

They are – we’re both super excited too!!! Sure we know the whole grad school thing will be tough but it also feels like it’s opening up a whole new world of opportunities!!!! :)

And you’re right – I totally love spending time with my parents. So much so, I’ve been content to spend pretty much all my time in Toronto with them!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Five Things Tuesday

Samantha Angela August 8, 2012 at 6:48 am

Good for your husband to go back to school. It can be tough to get back into it once you’ve been working for a while.

Toronto Girl West August 12, 2012 at 7:07 pm

You’re so right!!! In fact, when he sat down to write his personal statement (after having been away from school for four years) he definitely struggled. But he’s definitely feeling better since completing his application! More confident!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Five Things Tuesday

Amber August 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Congrats to the husband! That’s fantastic. There are so many beautiful places to travel within driving distance of Vancouver I’m sure you guys will be able to get your travel fill :)

helene@healthyfrenchie August 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I’m so glad you pans are going so well :)
Enjoy your holidays and your time with your family
helene@healthyfrenchie recently posted..My first giveway

Toronto Girl West August 12, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Gracias Helene! I hope you had a lovely time with your in-laws! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Five Things Tuesday

AndreaClaire August 11, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Congratulations to your husband on doing his masters. There’s a lots of fabulous hikes around the Royal Roads campus if he has to come over for the first week and you “have” to come with him ;)

And a big low-fat smoothie cheers to your 5lbs!

Toronto Girl West August 12, 2012 at 7:08 pm

The Husband actually grew up pretty close to RRU – it’s kind of like coming full circle for him! :)

PS: Thanks for the cheers!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Five Things Tuesday

Kelly August 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Glad to hear you’ll be exploring Vancouver more- definitely a beautiful place to explore and seemingly endless things to do! Have fun at home the next few weeks :)
Kelly recently posted..Hello Wyoming!

Toronto Girl West August 12, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I meant to tell you – the Husband got around to doing the Grouse Grind (in an 1:14). It was harder than he thought it would be and said he sweated a ton. But he seems to have loved it because he wants to do it all the time now! HA! :P
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Five Things Tuesday