From Lethbridge to Vancouver

by torontogirlwest on December 7, 2012

A while back, Leigh at All You Need is Love, posted a call for Canadian bloggers to participate in the “Favourite Things Christmas Swap 2012.” The idea was that bloggers would be paired with one another and exchange a package filled with goodies designed to make the recipient smile. I thankfully was paired with Jo of Living Mint Green, one of my blogging besties!

I can’t remember when I first came across Jo’s blog but I quickly realized she lived not that far from my then home in the Kootenay Rockies.  In that sense it really is too bad that we moved away shortly thereafter because I’m fairly convinced that had we stuck around, Jo and I would have become fast friends. As it is, I feel like we’ve gotten to know each other quite well through our blogs.

A letter to Karen From Lethbridge to Vancouver

When I found out Jo’s package to me had arrived, I was positively giddy!!

Christmas Greetings From Lethbridge to Vancouver

It was super exciting to exchange presents with one of my blogging amigas.

Christmas Card From Lethbridge to Vancouver

So I sat down and opened up the package, all the while Daisy excitedly tried to sneak a peek at everything I pulled out.

Cards From Lethbridge to Vancouver

The first thing to come out was a lovely package of cards featuring Court’s (Jo’s husband) mom’s artwork.

Pomegranates From Lethbridge to Vancouver

She is immensely talented and the cards were just beautiful.

Marshmallows From Lethbridge to Vancouver

The next treat was a box full of gourmet marshmallows – I tasted some tonight and they’re totally delicious, I can’t wait to have some in a mug of hot chocolate!

Johns Blend From Lethbridge to Vancouver

My husband was particularly excited about the next part of the present – a fragrant blend of coffee from Jo’s hometown.

Bird From Lethbridge to Vancouver

And the next part of the present drove my Daisy insane!!! Seriously, I don’t remember the last time I saw her as excited! I hadn’t even unwrapped the delicate bird with bells around its head, before she was jumping up and down and spinning round and round. Then when it came out she practically lost it! It was quite hilarious to see! So the Husband and I admired the bird and temporarily stashed it on top of a book case, where Daisy couldn’t reach it. Then the funniest thing happened, all night long she stared up at the bird and begged for us to take it down! HA!

All Together Now From Lethbridge to Vancouver

Jo’s present to me was totally heart warming. I felt like a little kid tearing open the wrapping paper at Christmas and I honestly love everything that she sent.

Thank-you ever so much Jo! And thank-you to Leigh for organizing too!!

Question: Have you ever participated in a blogger exchange? Whom with? I did one years ago with Jenn of Eating Bender, she was the one that introduced me to my favourite protein powder, and gifted me “Super Natural Cooking!” I love that book and still use it!!

pixel From Lethbridge to Vancouver

Siobhan McCarthy.ca December 7, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I’ve never participated in a blogger gift exchange but this post made me want to! There is nothing I love more than to see people get so excited about the gifts I got them. That’s why at Christmas, I can never give out generic gifts.
Siobhan McCarthy.ca recently posted..Broken 7 miler and a SHOTSKI!

torontogirlwest December 7, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Well then we’ll have to organize one for Valentine’s Day – that way you can participate!!! :)

Marianne December 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I did a Christmas blog exchange years ago (maybe 4 years?), and have had random individual exchanges with other bloggers in the past, but nothing recently. It’s really fun to receive those packages in the mail, not knowing what treasures wait inside :)
Marianne recently posted..Taste Test – Coconut Curry Marinated Tempeh

torontogirlwest December 8, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I know, right!? It kind of keeps the wonder of old school snail mail alive!! :)

coco December 8, 2012 at 6:47 am

I did a blog exchange once with Krista from Canada and I enjoyed choosing gifts for her and receiving her package as well. It was fun! :)

torontogirlwest December 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm

You know, I think that blog exchange you did was how I first came across your blog! That feels like so long ago now! :)

Jo (livingmintgreen) December 8, 2012 at 8:13 am

I’m so glad you liked the gifts! Those marshmallows are insanely good, hey? I actually wanted to send you some of my other favorite flavours, like vanilla bean and caramel swirl, but thought the peppermint was more holiday appropriate. They even make pumpkin pie ones in the fall, and lemon meringue in the summer! Apparently Lethbridge is the only place in Canada that sells them? Random.

torontogirlwest December 8, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Oh all those flavours sound so good!! But truth be told it’s a good thing you didn’t send vanilla beans, as it’s one of my most terrible allergies. Right up there with peanuts! It’s a shame too because I so love vanilla but I also love breathing! :P

Jo (livingmintgreen) December 8, 2012 at 8:18 am

And poor Daisy! I’m sad I didn’t send her a little something too! Hahaha

torontogirlwest December 8, 2012 at 5:57 pm

lol Don’t worry – seeing the treats unwrapped was plenty of excitement for her! :)

TorontoRunner December 8, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I haven’t done a blogger gift exchange, but I’ve LOVED seeing what everyone got. Great stuff! That artwork is absolutely gorgeous!
TorontoRunner recently posted..Packed & Ready to go!

Leigh December 8, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Love your package that Jo sent you! Thank you for participating :)

torontogirlwest December 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Oh thank-you so much for organizing! We were thrilled to participate!!! :)