So it’s Monday again, and I figure it’s a perfect time to share some exciting news!!
Some of you have probably noticed the I’m Fit Possible badge kicking around on my right sidebar . . . well, I’ve officially become an I’m Fit Possible ambassador!!!
Truth is, I held out joining any ambassador programs for a very long time because I didn’t really feel they fit my niche. Because let’s face it, as much as this is a blog about wellness, and happy living, it’s also a blog about food, and travel. Hence, why I always held out for a community that was about balance in every aspect of life!
I guess you could say, I’m Fit Possible had me hook line and sinker once I read the opening blurb on their website —>
Let’s face it. Having “it all” doesn’t exist. There, we said it. But what does exist is a beautifully imperfect balance of an active lifestyle, colourful nutrition (yes, this includes the occasional glass of wine and a bacon cheeseburger every now and then), healthy relationships, laughter, high fives and a like (ok a lot) of sass. It can be a wonderful thing. Most importantly, we are real people. We share real stories. We inspire each other. Join the community. You are going to love it here. We swear.
I mean seriously guys!?!? It’s like I practically wrote that thing myself!!!
I’m totally looking forward to being a part of the quickly growing I’m Fit Possible community, and introducing all of you to the best I’m Fit Possible has to offer!!
My 2014 Bucket List
This year I’ve given a lot of thought to the whole idea of making resolutions and ultimately I’ve decided I’m not making any. There is a lot of pressure that goes along with resolutions, and I figure why make a list of things that’s going to haunt me for the next twelve months. Where’s the fun in that!?
Instead, I’ve decided to create what I’m terming my 2014 bucket list – a compendium of activities and experiences I want to enjoy before the year is through.
Here’s a preview of what you can expect to see this next year:
1) Yoga on Grouse Mountain – Here in Vancouver we have a hike straight up the steep side of a mountain, called the Grouse Grind. The Grind is not particularly scenic (there are no views until the top) but it is nonetheless a rite of passage for most active Vancouverites. And yet, I have avoided it like the plague. But there is one thing that makes me want to give in and actually do the Grind – and that the free yoga on top of the mountain every summer Saturday.
I don’t foresee this bucket list item being a walk in the park but I do think I’ll feel mighty proud once I’ve carried through with it!
2) Hike the Chief – The Chief is the second largest piece of granite in the world (second only to Gibraltar). As such, it’s an absolutely giant monolith standing over the most spectacular view of Howe Sound. Like the Grind, the Chief is one of those classic Vancouver area hikes. In part, I’ve avoided this hike in the past because I know there is some exposure near the top, as well as, scrambling over boulders.
2014 will be the year I finally (wo)man up and conquer the Chief!
You can find a wonderful blog post about climbing the Chief, here.
3) Go Stand-Up Paddle Boarding – This has been on my must do list for a couple of years now. And yet, I somehow keep on letting another summer go by without giving it a go. And so this year, I vow to head to Deep Cove and take some SUP classes. I know it may seem crazy but I have grand visions of SUP becoming my sport!
Also, I’m going to add “look like the girl above” to my 2014 bucket list! HA! Kidding . . . sort of.
4) Go Somewhere that Requires a Passport - You guys know that the Husband and I absolutely love to travel! Frankly all that China managed to do was whet our appetite! Hence why we have a couple of trips planned for this upcoming year. Exciting times indeed!!!
5) Play!!! – This is a really important one for me this year. Lately, I’ve become aware that due to a combination of my work hours, plus commuting, I don’t spend nearly as much time enjoying life with my little family as I should. That really breaks my heart because the Husband and Daisy mean the world to me, and deserve so much more. And so this year I’m really going to prioritize unplugging from everything else, spending time with one another, and creating the kind of memories that will fill us with laughter and joy when we’re old! <3
6) Head Home - Do you know how long it has been since this Toronto girl has actually been in her home-town? Way too long!! And I won’t lie friends, it can sometimes be hard to live oh so far away from the places and people I love. So this year, my bucket list item will be to head home for a couple of weeks! In fact, the Husband and I are planning on heading “out East” around Thanksgiving! I can’t wait!!
I could go on and on but those are really the big items that stand out on my bucket list for this year! I can honestly say, I’m looking forward to ticking all of them off my list, and sharing my adventures here with you!
Question: Did you make resolutions this year? Do you have a bucket-list?