Killing Candida – I Think It’s Still Alive

by torontogirlwest on January 25, 2014

Allow my dog Daisy to demonstrate to you my level of frustration, and annoyance at the moment:

Puppy Dressed as a Goat Killing Candida   I Think Its Still Alive

You see that look in her eyes that tells you she’s nearly had enough (she kind of hates costumes). Well, I’m not going to sugar coat it — that’s how I feel at the moment.

Some of you will remember that back in the Fall of 2013, I spent an arduous month trying to kill candida. And I did wonderfully on the plan! My digestion improved massively, I felt so energetic, my skin and nails improved, and the weight melted off me.

Of course, part of the reason that I started my candida program when I did was so that I could hopefully be ready for our big trip to China in November. Thankfully, the plan worked because despite eating all sorts of adventurous things, I had no real digestive problems in China. I should mention, however, that I was given a green light to eat normally during my vacation. Having said that, on the whole we still ate relatively low sugar.

Flash forward to my return to Canada. I went back to following the candida diet and was doing well. Then the Holidays hit, and I had a green light to celebrate them and eat the associated foods before returning to my regular diet.

Unfortunately, I was unable to see my Naturopathic Doctor in January before he left on honeymoon, and now I have to wait until the week of the 10th of February. In the meantime, I can see the tell tale signs that candida is rearing it’s ugly head again . . . I have a lack of energy, I’ve had some skin issues, tummy pain, I’m bloated, and my weight is creeping up. This despite having returned to a fairly strict candida diet.

And that’s why I’m frustrated, and yes even sad. Had I known that I would suffer such a HUGE set-back I would have kept on going with the anti-fungals, and I would have never indulged over Christmas.

But here’s the thing, I’m not going to let these fungi living in my stomach win. I’m going to do my part, and stick to a clean low-sugar diet until my doctor can see me. Then it’s full steam ahead on killing candida. After all, this may not be a quick process but I intend to regain my gut health once and for all.

Here’s hoping next time I check in on my “Killing Candida” series, I have better news! In fact, I’m confident I will! icon wink Killing Candida   I Think Its Still Alive

Question: Have you ever had a health issue that you felt got in your way of optimum health?

pixel Killing Candida   I Think Its Still Alive

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans January 25, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I can totally empathize with how long it takes to heal gut issues! It took me well over a year unfortunately – but it is worth it!
Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted..Link Love No. 16

torontogirlwest January 25, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I didn’t know it took you that long! :(

Chrissy January 26, 2014 at 9:05 am

I’m so sorry you’re feeling so bad, I can relate! I read your Part 1 post, and isn’t it amazing what a naturopath can do? I’m so happy with mine. Good luck fighting the fungi. We’re all here for you!

Toronto Girl West January 28, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Thanks amiga! You don’t know how very much that means! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Killing Candida – I Think It’s Still Alive

Mark Symons February 8, 2014 at 3:00 am

I am a 60 year old male, I have battled Candida in my stomach for 20 years. I could never completely got rid of it, it was always there even on a no sugar, no wheat diet. I have finally got rid of it using Borax which gives you the trace element boron that we all lack today. I live in Australia and you cannot buy boron from the chemist, only in eye drops because its “dangerous”. It is actually the same level of toxicity as Sea Salt. You can buy Borax from the supermarket in the laundry cleaners section though and it is 99.5% pure. Check out these websites for dosing http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm and http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm. I put it in all my water now. Another Big Pharma coverup it seems. Hope this helps.

torontogirlwest February 20, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Thank-you for the feedback!!! I’ll definitely discuss borax with my naturopath at my next appointment! :)

Eric April 17, 2014 at 7:54 am

Hello Toronto Girl,

Great candida articles!

I’m certainly the poster child for Candida, and I would love to hear your latest update.

(After going from unstoppable, Type AAA, lifelong health-nut to inert sick person at the age of 26, seeing around 20 doctors over the past five years–including two trips to Mayo, spending $25K in 2013 alone–I am now finally working with a doctor that treats for Candida, the only thing that explains all of my debilitating symptoms).

Greatly looking forward to your next article.

Sincerely, Eric

Toronto Girl West April 20, 2014 at 10:23 am

Thank-you for your reply Eric. I definitely will have to post another candida update soon.

PS: Happy Easter!!!