Lately

by torontogirlwest on January 22, 2014

Hola Amigos!

How has life been treating you lately? Frankly, I’ve been working a lot since the start of the year, and I haven’t really found myself with much time to spare. Boourns!

Is it just me or do you find that long days that require huge amounts of mental concentration are totally draining on the body? I bring this up because I’ve been in court on somewhat intense cases lately, and on those days I come home absolutely beat. Always, I have grand plans to get a lot done around the house, and to hit the gym for a hard workout. And as soon as the adrenaline rush of my day wears out, I’m left trying to stay awake until 9pm.

Just trying to keep it real here.

And so I’ve been trying to take my free-time and make the most of it with some adventures around town!

Here’s what’s been up, lately . . .

YYoga Flow Lately

This year, I’ve taken it upon myself to make and keep regular registered massage therapy appointments. It’s all part of my plan to stay limber and keep my body in fighting shape!

The best part about my RMTs is that I get them at YYoga Flow – a super yuppy yoga studio in my ‘hood known for it’s cool interiors (check out those light fixtures), selection of classes, and uber relaxing infared sauna. I have another appointment soon, and my plan is to head in early that day and also hit up a yoga class!  A double dose of self-care goodness!!! icon smile Lately

Zuchon Lately

As always, my little one has been keeping me sane! There’s something about a puppy cuddle that can make a hard day better, or a great moment better! icon smile Lately

Zumba Exhilarate Lately

In the last few weeks, I’ve rediscovered the joy of living room Zumba (courtesy of my Zumba Exhilarate DVDs)!! Man, I love shaking my booty to world rhythms! It makes me happy to no end – kind of like a pure dose of joy! I know, not everyone feels that way about Zumba. In fact, some people even dread it but for me Zumba is my happy place!

Steveston Harbour Lately

Most recently, my little family of three has spent some time exploring Vancouver locations with Danielle (Labels are for Tin Cans)! It’s fun to see some of my Vancouver favourites again! Take the small fishing village of Steveston for instance – I love it there!! And not just because “Once Upon at Time” is filmed there, thus leading to some major geek out moments on my part!

JT Concert Lately

By far the brightest highlight of my last couple of weeks was the Justin Timberlake concert I attended with one of my law school amigas! It was crazy awesome!!!! Seriously, so much better than I ever thought it would be, and I’m totally looking forward to the next time JT comes back to Vancouver! Favourite moment? When the front part of the stage separated, lifted, and then proceeded to travel down the entire length of the arena!!! It was madness and totally got the crowd going!!

Orange Smoothie Lately

Of course, I can’t fail to mention the nom nom nom delicious protein shakes I’ve been having on the daily! I guess you could say I’m crazy head over heels in love with the Blendtec my personal Santa Clauses brought me this year!

Question: So that’s what I’ve been up to lately – what is new in your life amigos? Anything exciting you’re looking forward to in the next little while?

pixel Lately

Nikki January 22, 2014 at 10:46 pm

JT was pretty darn rad, wasn’t he? I get excited just seeing that pic you posted!
Nikki recently posted..Things I learned at the track today…

torontogirlwest January 22, 2014 at 11:07 pm

LOL He was awesome!!!!! I can’t wait for next time! ;)

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans January 22, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Hahaha an apt description of YYoga!

And as you already know I want a dog just like Daisy :)
Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted..My Kitchen Essentials (Printable Included!)

torontogirlwest January 22, 2014 at 11:08 pm

lol Ah yes . . . I expect to see one of her running around in your posts a year from now! She’s a Zuchon or Shichon btw! Also sometimes known as a Teddy Bear Dog! Or more simply put, an uber cute half-shihtzu half-bichon mix! :)

Tara @ I'm Fit Possible January 23, 2014 at 4:19 am

I’ve been to YFlow yoga too. Our instructor sang to us…I was pretty epic. I didn’t realize the offered massage therapy too! P.S. Love how you used the word “boourns” LOL!!

Toronto Girl West January 23, 2014 at 8:39 pm

LOL I love that you understood my use of the term booourns!!! Clearly you’re my type of girl! ;)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Lately

Chrissy January 23, 2014 at 8:04 am

Haha- I’d totally geek out at the OUAT set. You should have seen me when I visited the Harry Potter sets! And I also started doing monthly massages for the new year. Hey, if it’s good for us, who are we to say no?
Chrissy recently posted..My Name is Chrissy, and I have PCOS

Toronto Girl West January 23, 2014 at 8:41 pm

lol I can imagine!!! For me there was such a huge difference between when I visited Steveston pre and post my OUAT obsession! Before it was just a charming fishing village – now it’s Storybrook!!!!! :P
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Lately

allison January 23, 2014 at 9:02 am

Somehow, even though it rained for most of our 4 days in Vancouver in 2012, I am really missing me some westcoast. Maybe cause it’s minus a million in Ontario with no beautiful mountains outside my window?? I can’t wait till I can go outside without risk of frostbite.

I have to workout in the mornings (but luckily don’t have to be at work at a specific time), cause there is just no way I will ever do it afterwards.

JT concert looks epic – I’m a diehard NKOTBSB lova – best concert of life. You know, right after Hanson….
allison recently posted..my fave: DIY glitter mason jars

Toronto Girl West January 23, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I used to love BSB!!!!!! My all time concert coup is scoring second row centre tickets for their Millennium tour!!!! :P
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Lately

Andrea January 28, 2014 at 8:56 am

I totally need to follow in your foot steps and seek out a massage therapist. I need to get rid of this knot in my shoulder!

Aside from that I’ve been sticking with my goals for this year. Whoo!
Andrea recently posted..Curry Cabbage Slaw with Sauteed Curry Shrimp

Toronto Girl West January 28, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Do it!!!! I can’t tell you what a difference my RMT has made to my overall well-being!!! There no going back once you do! ;)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Killing Candida – I Think It’s Still Alive

Samantha Angela January 29, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Love that you get in yoga AND a massage. I’ve been loving regular massage therapy for a while now. I schedule an appointment every 6 weeks or so. Luckily, I’m covered for it through healthcare.
Samantha Angela recently posted..Four Things

torontogirlwest February 20, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with you! Extended healthcare coverage is a real blessing!!! :)