The Year of Possibilities

by torontogirlwest on January 2, 2014

Couple in Sunburst The Year of Possibilities

New Year’s Eve was a decidedly quiet affair in the Coastal Casa; The Husband had to work all night long, so Daisy kept me company as I nursed a cold on the couch. Given those circumstances, I was in a less than festive mood.

And so I carried on, feeling decidedly blah, when I decided to check Facebook; only to be greeted by the news that one of my oldest, and dearest friends had given birth to a beautiful baby girl. Unexpectedly, I found myself moved to tears. In a very real sense, I came to realize how much a new year is truly a season of renewal. A season of new beginnings.

2014 is a gift we’ve been given. It’s a book full of 365 empty pages – and I intend to write a good story! icon smile The Year of Possibilities

So from my home to yours: May this year bring joy, health, and adventures your way! Here’s to 2014 – the year of possibilities!!

Question: How did you ring in 2014? Are you usually a go out and party kind of person or do you prefer to lay low? I have to admit I am a lay low on New Year’s Even kind of girl, I think it comes from spending all my formative years “praying in” the new year, at church.

pixel The Year of Possibilities

David Rios January 2, 2014 at 11:25 pm

The year of possibilities!!! – I love it!! Thank you for that…and I’m gonna steal that too :)

Toronto Girl West January 2, 2014 at 11:32 pm

LOL Glad I could be of service!!! :P
Toronto Girl West recently posted..The Year of Possibilities

Marianne January 2, 2014 at 11:34 pm

We missed you on New Years! It was a fairly chill night, but we got to see a lot of good friends before having to move :)
Marianne recently posted..Bacon Pancakes with Caramelized Cinnamon Apples

Toronto Girl West January 2, 2014 at 11:37 pm

I know but I was oh so gross!! lol Let’s get together in the next few days! :)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..The Year of Possibilities

AndreaClaire January 3, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Some years I’m all about going out and some years I’m all about staying home or at least keeping it low key :) This year was very low key. No exciting birth announcements to make the night more lively ;)

Happy New Year! Here’s to a fabulous 2014 :)
AndreaClaire recently posted..Making Plans

torontogirlwest January 3, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Here’s to a fabulous 2014 for you too! One that involves the TC 10K! ;)

Sharon January 4, 2014 at 6:39 am

Good luck on the run, ladies! Hopefully when I see you both we will be running towards tea sandwiches Downton Abbey style ;)
Sharon recently posted..Oat Bran Breakfast Bowl with Seeds & Almond Butter

Sharon January 4, 2014 at 6:37 am

Happy New Year!

Congrats to your friend on her baby girl :)

I also love the Year of Possibilities mantra. I have a feeling this one is going to be memorable!
Sharon recently posted..Oat Bran Breakfast Bowl with Seeds & Almond Butter