Virtual Coffee Date IV

by torontogirlwest on March 2, 2014

It’s a rainy Sunday evening here in Vancouver. The kind of night that’s perfect for a coffee date . . .

Espresso per due Virtual Coffee Date IV

link

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you that although Vancouver has had a relatively dry winter, the last few weeks have been full of loads of precipitation. In my area of the city (basically at ocean level) that precipitation has fallen in the form of rain but elsewhere it’s been snowy. Take today for instance, I drove with the Husband into the furthest Eastern reaches of the Fraser Valley and we ran smack into legit winter conditions. I had forgotten what it was like to drive my poor sedan through inches of unplowed roads. And while I certainly don’t miss the treacherous road conditions, it was lovely to see snow covered pine trees and mountains once again.

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you that this year marks 10 years since I’ve been living in British Columbia. In my mind much less time had passed by but it was one of my colleagues who brought it to my attention while commenting that I should change the name of the blog. I rather think he’s right. To that end I’ve purchased a new URL that reflects the current me more accurately. Over the next few months I hope to find a brilliant web designer to work with so that I can unveil “West Coast Karen” to the world!

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you that for the last weeks I have not weighed myself. This was all part of an attempt to break my scale fixation. And well . . . it’s not working. Imagine my horror this morning when I discovered that I had gained weight. Perhaps ignoring the scale works for some people but I’m clearly not one of those. I think I need the motivation of a number going down. And that’s okay. I have been working on my fitness a lot more lately but I think my nutrition (or lack thereof) is not in check. So look for a DietBet very soon! I hope you’ll join me in getting back on track!

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you that I find my thoughts drifting to summer and warm sunny beaches as of late. I think that’s a sign that I’m ready to move on to the next season. That and frankly it’s been a very long time since I’ve seen the sight of a tropical beach. The Husband and I have a short vacation planned for August to celebrate his graduation (from his Masters program) and I do hope it will be to a spectacular sunny locale. A week of doing nothing would suit me just fine.

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you that last week I re-discovered my love for coffee. Suddenly, I went from the girl who only had coffee every six months to having two cups a day. Unfortunately, my new found addiction paid no heed to the fact that I’m technically allergic to caffeine. Until that is, I woke up one morning with a swollen face, a nasty rash on my cheeks, and totally plugged sinuses. Coffee broke my face. Ironic for this post? I’d say so.

Question: What would you tell me if we were having coffee today?

pixel Virtual Coffee Date IV

Sharon March 3, 2014 at 5:40 am

I can’t wait for the reveal of West Coast Karen! SO exciting! :) I can totally relate about the coffee. I used to never drink it at home and now we brew a pot first thing in the morning and I can hardly workout without it. Luckily, I’m not allergic but if I have too much it’s jittery city!
Sharon recently posted..Fudgy Coco-Oat Squares – Gluten Free

Toronto Girl West March 3, 2014 at 12:09 pm

You know what’s crazy!? Despite my whole allergic to coffee issues, I don’t get jittery or wired at all with caffeine! lol I skip that and go straight to the allergic reaction! :P
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Virtual Coffee Date IV

healthyfrenchie March 3, 2014 at 8:28 am

I look forward to the new design! Time flies I guess!
I’m trying hard not to think of Spring / Summer yet, it was -30 at the weekend and it’s snowing a ton today…
healthyfrenchie recently posted..The time I got my picture taken

Toronto Girl West March 3, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Time does fly!!! You’ll see! ;)

As for the weather – that blows! But isn’t it supposed to warm up by the end of the week?
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Virtual Coffee Date IV

Lynda@fitnessmomwinecountry March 3, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Karen, I have never heard of anyone being allergic to caffeine…oh no. If we were having coffee I would tell you that our winter has been pretty dry also {California} until just recently and that I have skipped my workouts last week because I have lost the mojo but am planning on getting it back soon :)
Lynda@fitnessmomwinecountry recently posted..She Is 12 and I am Annoying

Toronto Girl West March 3, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Lynda,

Yeah go figure! It only really rears itself with coffee! :P Still, I consider myself better off than my poor sister who is allergic to chocolate!!! lol Oh the horror!!!

Thanks for stopping by btw! I’m totally looking forward to check out your blog!

Lastly, here’s hoping your mojo comes back in a hurry!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Virtual Coffee Date IV

Chrissy March 3, 2014 at 9:03 pm

No coffee? Can you drink decaf??
Chrissy recently posted..Better with Butta?: Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhanni

Toronto Girl West March 4, 2014 at 11:51 am

lol It’s tragic isn’t it!?!? I suppose I could drink decaf but I’ve never tried it – go big or go home! :P lol

In all seriousness though, I can still have coffee from time to time but it should be a once or twice a week thing at most. Definitely not multiple times a day! That of course makes the times I do get to have coffee, all the more enjoyable! ;)
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Virtual Coffee Date IV

Marianne March 3, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I feel like we discussed this name change, no? My brain forgets things too much these days.

Hmmm, if we were having coffee…well, you’d have the coffee, I’d had tea. I would tell you I finally have a couch! And I miss my cat. And I’m getting pretty good at driving in snow. And I’ve found some tasty PG restaurants. And if the weather holds up, I’m going snowshoeing this weekend! Woo!

Toronto Girl West March 4, 2014 at 11:52 am

We did talk about it – via text! I was toying between a couple of names and you voted for “West Coast Karen!”

I’m looking forward to seeing a post all about your PG restaurant and snowshoe adventures!! Hint hint!!! lol :P
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Virtual Coffee Date IV

allison March 4, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Oh Karen, no coffee, how sad! I’m lucky that the caffeine has no effect on me and I really just drink coffee because I enjoy it so much. Good Italian kids can sip espresso after dinner and go right to bed.

Lets see, if we were having non-allergy inducing coffee I’d probably hug you for getting me out of the house during this most awful Ontario winter, then complain about the snow, gush about cute boys followed by all the scandals on Scandal. Haha.

Hope you’re having a great week…
allison recently posted..my fave: baked potato soup

Toronto Girl West March 4, 2014 at 2:42 pm

LOL I like the story about good Italian kids! :P The irony is that it doesn’t keep me awake either . . le sigh . . .

Also, I totally have to get into Scandal! It comes on right after Revenge right? lol I love my crazy shows!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Virtual Coffee Date IV

car loans for bad credit orlando FL July 28, 2014 at 9:08 am

If some one desires to be updated with most up-to-date technologies therefore he must
be visit this site and be up to date every day.
car loans for bad credit orlando FL recently posted..car loans for bad credit orlando FL

car loan bad credit orlando FL July 31, 2014 at 1:57 am

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very
easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here
and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
Fantastic work!
car loan bad credit orlando FL recently posted..car loan bad credit orlando FL

car loans bad credit orlando FL July 31, 2014 at 2:01 am

If some one wants to be updated with newest technologies afterward he must be
go to see this web site and be up to date daily.
car loans bad credit orlando FL recently posted..car loans bad credit orlando FL

car loans bad credit orlando FL July 31, 2014 at 2:08 am

Your style is really unique compared to other folks I’ve read stuff from.

Thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess
I’ll just bookmark this page.